Monday, May 10, 2010

Waiting Again

I am back to work again. I was off two Sat. ago but still had to go to training in Latrobe, PA. I went to three days of training and headed back to Akron. I stayed there on Thurs. night and Sara came to visit. Friday we went shopping and then loaded up the truck to head back home. I am moving things out of my apartment since I do not know how many times I will be back there before the lease is up at the end of Sept. On Sat. was the Cinco de Mayo party which was awesome! I ended up having too much fun and being worn out from work turned in early (11pm) and party ended at midnight. I spent Sun, and Mon with the family and then got the call to go back to work. 

I headed to Toledo on Tues. morning to have lunch with David. I saw an accident on the way and a truck that couldn't avoid the accident and needed to drive into the other lane. It was a crazy afternoon. I finally got to David's and we went to eat at Mongolian BBQ. It was delicious! I was planning on only staying for a few hours when I got a message that we wouldn't be needed until Thurs. I decided to stay with David that evening. I then left the next day and had lunch with Jen at Parassons after picking up what I needed for work from my apartment. I then learned I might not be needed at work until the weekend. Having almost nothing in my apartment and no other pressing plans I decided to go to the apartment in Muncy. I arrived on Wed evening. I went to dinner at Orllie's with Susan. It was very good. Then we went to Hull's landing to hear the Pop tarts play. I sat down at a table with 3 casing guys, Susan knew. The conversation immediately turned to an uncomfortable topic as they are men and were already drunk and gleaned the information that I was getting married. I was uncomfortable and Susan recognized that and asked if I wanted to leave. I said yes and we left. Susan stayed out partying the night away. The next day I got up and ran some errands and went out to the rig. Susan stayed in bed all day due to her hangover. Friday was fun as we had dinner with Ken and Tony at Highland Lake Gun Club. My food was ok but apparently the others was not. Susan and I headed to Dogz to have a few drinks. I had a a few beers and then a a couple of cherry bombs. I then drank a lot of water. On Sat. I didn't get up too early but early enough. I headed in to work for a bit and Susan stayed in bed. Sat. night was not too interesting as we stayed in ( I think). On Sun. we headed out to meet someone about some equipment Susan was looking at getting. We had Coffee at a little shop in Lewisburg and toured Bucknell University. We stopped by to see a local bar owner, Lorene at New Mountain Tavern and had a nice chat with her. Then we went back to the apartment for a bit and then headed to Dogz for wings and to visit Mel.  Today I headed to work for a bit. Susan showed up and we went to the mall. I got some chocolate and chocolate, caramel covered apples. Not good for someone supposedly on a diet.
I am very sick of not working. There are things that I could be doing at home. Such as preparing for the wedding. 
I have been figuring out what I owe in total on loans etc and need to come up with a better budget. Luckily I am getting paid stand-by and possibly some full time since I was called out early. I think I may be working by Wed. night or Thurs. 
I just finished a book called the clouds roll away by Sibella Giorello about Forensic Geology. I wasn't even aware Forensic Geology is a field of geology. I am now very interested in reading books about forensic geology. I just bought some by Sarah Andrews off Amazon. I have taken my books off of vacation and hope to make some money to help pay off loans. I am all about paying off loans these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment