Saturday, January 15, 2011

Job in an internet haystack

Being out of work stinks.

Just thought I would get that off my chest.

Anyway. I have been moved into the apartment and supposed to be back to work for a week now. That would be four weeks without work to the day. Now I don't know if I am being unreasonable but I planned to go back to work when I wanted. Yes, I do have a job that is variable. I planned to be off work for the month of Jan. so I have those bills paid. I did not figure that I would be off work into Feb. and wondering how I will pay those bills.

This leads to the question doesn't David make enough you don't have to work? Well hypothetically yes. Realistically we have a wedding to pay for in May. This fact makes me very nervous. I would usually be ok with the fact I am off for a month. But the fact that I have a wedding to pay for is freaking me out a bit.

I have been anxiously searching for jobs all week. I have tried a lot of places. I think part of my problem may have been my resume so I revamped it. Now it is streamlined, bulleted and airy. I am not sure if I like the new resume but if employers do well that is all that matters.
I never thought it would be so hard to find a good job. I can do so many things. I am a hard worker, great multi-tasker and fast!

Ah, well.

We finally went out and did something fun tonight. We tried a Mediterranean restaurant. It was cafeteria style but really good. I wish I had taken a picture!

Tom. we are going out with friends from Ohio for Texas BBQ. I will try and remember to take pics!

Goal next week is to get a new job and go to the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment