Saturday, December 24, 2011

Juice Fast for better health

After watching "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" on Netflix a couple of weeks ago I was inspired to get a juicer. I thought about starting a 60 day juice fast but it seems like a long time to drink only juice. I have decided only to do a juice fast for 10 days.

I am thinking about following the Reboot program of 5-5-5. It is 5 days of eating raw foods and juicing, 5 days of juicing, and finished by 5 days of eating raw foods and juicing. After my 10 days of juicing ends I will start the Reboot program. I might do this until I reach 60 days and see how much weight I have lost.

I am on day 2 right now. I had a carrot juice blend this morning that was pretty good. I had added a little too much ginger.

Recap of day 1.
Breakfast was Apple Pie juice. It was yummy had lots of energy after eating it.
Lunch was Mean Green juice. It grew on me as I drank it.
Dinner was Miss Scarlet juice. This juice had beets in it and peppers. The tomatoes were not big enough and did not give enough flavor. The flavor was a little over whelming. I am supposed to make it again 2 more times for this week. Not sure if I will or if I will try and alter the recipe so it isn't so strong.

I am thinking about adding basil to my Mean green lunch juice. I might try that tom.!

Rest of the day will be spent vegging out on the couch watching old shows and maybe a Christmas movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment