Thursday, September 3, 2015

Review of "Black Hills" by Nora Roberts

Brief Summary: Black Hills is a romantic love story entwined with mystery, suspense and engaging a beautiful setting. 


Long Review:  What a story! I listened to the audiobook on a long trip to and from Houston. The story was so entertaining I almost wanted to stay in my car after a 7 hour drive to hear more. The story spans a long amount of time starting from childhood. The story really hits begins to take shape when Lil comes home from a long trip to find her long lost love, whom she did not part with amicably, is back in town to care for an ailing relative. 

The story continues to unfold with present day conflicts between the couple. The setting in the Black Hills is beautifully described and made me remember my time there. The story really pulls you in and describes the real struggles of two people. The main theme of the story I took away is how important communication is in a relationship and how true love can outlast time.

I am not a romantic but may have to pick up another of Nora Roberts' books when I have another long trip ahead of me. I hope I can find another one set in such a beautiful setting. I love reading about nature almost as much as being out in nature. (maybe more so since I don't have to deal with the bug bites)

Rating: 4/5


Other works by the author: Collection of Nora Roberts' books
The Liar
Whiskey Beach
The Witness

No comments:

Post a Comment