Sunday, February 14, 2016

Long run 15 miles

My weekend has been going pretty good. My day off on Friday was spent gathering ingredients for a special desert for my DH. I also had some homegrown pumpkin in the freezer I needed to use up. On Saturday made pumpkin cranberry cookies, pumpkin bread (not pictured). On Sunday I made pumpkin lentil curry soup from Budget Bytes (not pictured) and had leftovers for overnight oats! I started the Samoa or Carmel-de-Lites cheesecake by Gimme Some Oven on Friday and finished on Saturday. 

Pumpkin cranberry cookies

Samoa Cheesecake
My run on Sunday went pretty well. I was a tad cold at times since the wind was blowing at about 10 mph from the North. I started from home and considered an out and back run. I decided against turning around after getting some side wind. I did have to run North for a bit and it was terrible. The route I took luckily has some hills so I got a bit of hill work in as well. Overall I am pretty happy with my time. I do wish I would have run slower as I was shooting for 13 min/mile. Not bad for my second 15 miler though. I am really loving this new program and my new garmin watch.
                                                 
                                                          Long run done!! Marathon here I come, I think

No comments:

Post a Comment