Saturday, February 13, 2016

Review of Beautiful Creatures (movie)

Brief Summary: Beautiful Creatures is a 2013 movie by Warner Bros. Pictures based on the novel by Kami Garcia about young teenage love.


Long Review: I enjoyed this movie so much I decided to read the entire book series. The story takes place in a small, southern town named Gatlin. The main character is Ethan Wate and his only wish in life is to leave the town. He is a complex character dealing with a father who is a recluse after the death of his wife and Ethan's mother. The house keeper keeps the household running. Everything is set for Ethan to leave until Lena Duchannes arrives in town. Ethan and Lena find they have a connection in shared dreams since they were children. Lena reveals she is a Caster (witch) and a curse that has been placed on her family will choose her for good or evil on her birthday. 
The rest of the movie continues to lead up to the fateful day of the decision. 

I believe I watched the movie first and was so intrigued I decided to read the books. I wanted to know what happened to the characters next. I would rank this movie below the Twilight movies but still worth a watch on a rainy weekend. 

Rating: 3.5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment