Sunday, June 5, 2016

Early summer run

I decided to get up to run my 7 mile long run today early. I went to bed at a decent time with this in mind.
At 5 am I woke up as I normally do but went back to sleep for about an hour. Then I got up and was out the door by 6:15. I felt like crap though. I was slightly dehydrated and hungry. I didn't have any bars for breakfast and wasn't interested in making anything. I just wanted to get done.
Well I paid for it. The first mile went well as it usually does, I ran too fast. Mile 2 was just terrible. The course around my neighborhood is slightly hilly. After lifting yesterday my legs were not very happy with me. I pushed through and turned around at 1.25 intending to take a break at 1/4 through my run. Well turns out I can't do math right when waking up and running. I should have taken my break at 1.75. I walked/ran the rest of the way to my halfway point at 3.5. I actually ended up at 3.75 by the time I got to the house. I sat down to rest a bit and relax. I then headed back out for the last 3.25 miles. These went better than expected but I still ended up taking walk breaks. Ah well, I at least had decent music to listen to. I almost got hit by a slowly moving truck as the guy was distracted with his door and didn't see me. I yelled and he stopped but I had already started dodging him/the truck. In the end no one got hurt. I ended back at home around 7:40 completing another 3.83 miles for a total of about 7.58 miles. I hope this makes next weekend seem like a breeze. I need to work on keeping my long run pace around 11:30. Some miles this morning were near 12 min/mile. I am glad it has been on the cooler side here today. I had a enjoyable run and a really productive day.
7.5 miles done before 8 am, now time for coffee and breakfast

No comments:

Post a Comment