Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Slacking on long runs

Well ladies and gentleman I am going to call it!  I am a slacker. Sunday for the second weekend in a row I failed to run my long run. I just can not seem to find the strength or motivation to get up at an ungodly early hour to run when it is cool out. And I know my body better than to try and run in the heat. I am afraid I will end up passing out if I venture out for 9+ miles in upper 90 degree weather.

On Sunday instead of running I went for a 20 mile bike ride across town to run an errand for a friend. Luckily there are bike trails on the way there and back so I was safer than riding on the road for the entire trip.

Tonight I ended up lifting and riding the exercise bike while finishing up Criminal Minds. I have started watching while washing the dishes and find it makes the chore seem less like a chore and more like my time to watch the show.

Tom. I really need to run and so will do that after work. I am going to try and get 4 miles in so I will have to be prompt about getting my work done. First thing in the morning I will be making two new to do list. One list will be none pressing work and the second list will be pressing work. I also need to take notes on what I was doing today so I don't forget.

Anyways back to running. My training plan for the fall marathon starts the first week of Aug. I plan on ramping my training up from 5 miles the first weekend of July. I am confident  I will get out and do it as there really is no other choice. I have committed to this marathon and I will finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment