Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Review if the why book of sailing by Scott Welty

Brief Summary: The why book of sailing by Scott Welty helps explain a few of the more scientific aspects of sailing in an easy to understand manner. 


Long Review: Sailing has become an interest of mine and so I decided to pick up this book to learn more about the workings of a sailboat. The book is broken down into chapters and within those chapters there are questions and answers. The questions address come from different aspects of sailing and the authors experience on a sailboat. There are a few questions where the author goes on a bit too long about a particular subject. I found myself stopping and putting the book down and coming back to the subject after a while. While I learned more about the mechanics of why a sailboat sails I didn't really learn any more about the details of how to sail a boat. 

I would recommend this book to those looking to understand more about the physics and why a sailboat sails.

Rating: 3/5


Other works by the author: NONE

No comments:

Post a Comment