Monday, August 1, 2016

Review of 48 days to the work you love by Dan Miller

Brief Summary: 48 days to the work you love by Dan Miller is a good read for those who are looking for direction in their career and life.


Long Review: In 12 easy to read chapters Dan Miller introduces a plan to find and get the work you love. In the Schedule chapter there is a list for a plan for the next 48 days including when to read each chapter in the book. I of course read the book in a shorter time frame as I am only interested in the content. Each chapter is a easy to read breakdown of a specific topic. I found the first few chapters on introspection hard to read. Chapter 6, 6 job offers in 10 days, is when the book picked up for me and I felt I learned a lot from there on. The information on how to re-tool one's resume and examples in the appendix were very helpful. The information on the 3 steps to getting a job that isn't being advertised was useful as well. I may have to employ this in the future. The salary negotiations chapter was helpful and eye opening. The chapter on considering opening your own small business also made me think about other ways I could generate income. All in all 48 days to the work you love would be a good book to read if you are currently unhappy in your job and looking for new opportunities or are unemployed or underemployed and looking on moving to something else.

Rating: 3/5


Other works by the author:Wisdom meets passionNo more dreaded MondaysThe rudder of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment