Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Run 8/48 7 miles tempo pace, 9/48 13 miles, and 10/48 3 x 1mi @ 6mph or 10 min/ mile

I have news, I am in the training blues. Friday I ran 3 miles on the treadmill at race tempo and 4 miles on the strider. I just assume I did an acceptable pace for the strider. I was still working on  recovering from my sore hamstring. I stretched several times while running which seemed to help.

 The plan was to get up on Sat. morning and run with a group. I did not end up on getting up for the run. I slept in and felt better. On Sunday I again slept in, this time feeling guilty. I was still pretty sore. 1 had chores to do so I got those done and then headed out. The weather was only in the 80s but hott to run in. The first interval was 3 miles. I stopped for a bathroom break and water and headed back out. I finished another 3 and had to get ready for dinner. I was disappointed but glad I got some of the run in.

Todays run was supposed to be 3X 1 mile @10 min/mile or 6 mph. I started out on the treadmill at 6 mph. I was really struggling. I attributed this to the treadmill and headed outside. I was still having problems maintaining my pace at 10 min/mile. I was able to run faster for a bit and then I would have to slow down. The run was disappointing but I got it done. The overall pace was 10:49 min/mile. Since it was so slow I am going to try and do the intervals tom at lunch.

Life has been busy and my running has been suffering. I am going to try and keep it up as long as possible. I might end up running the first 13 miles and then switching to running every 0.2 miles and walk 0.05miles. I am pondering this, we will see what I do as training progresses.


No comments:

Post a Comment