Saturday, September 10, 2016

Run 16 & 17 of 48

Run 16 was an interval run. I got up around 7 or 8 am in Florida to go wrong. First mistake right there. I decided to walk to the fitness center and check out the treadmill. Second mistake. Third, I decided to try and finish intervals anyways. I made it to the third interval of 5 and called it quits about 1/2 way through. The sun was beating down and the treadmills were too old. They were also all being used when I went in the fitness room. I considered getting a pass to an outside gym but decided against it. I at least ran some.

Run 17 was Friday and I missed that due to another obligation. I got up around 5 am this morning to run before the sun and everyone else was up. I got 5 miles in at 11:10. The pace was a bit slower than a normal tempo run should be but I am cutting myself some slack. The Florida humidity is brutal. I am glad I am not running a race here as I think I would need some time to adjust. Especially if I had to run when the sun was out.

I hope to run tom. and have two loops around Lake Overholser to complete. Happy Running.

No comments:

Post a Comment