Friday, May 5, 2017

Absence due to pregnancy

Well, long time no post. Why so long you ask? Well let me just fill you in on the last few months. In October I found out I was pregnant! We had decided to start trying to have a family. We had no idea we would get pregnant the first month we tried. Looking back now I am very glad I decided to drop out of the Route 66 marathon.

My doctor recommends no running while pregnant. I know there are plenty of people who still continue running but I am under her care and am going to follow her recommendations. She wants one foot on the floor during any exercising. I have as far as I can tell completely healed from my foot injury. My exercise routine has changed but not too much. I kept going to the gym. Workouts now include biking, walking, and elliptical. I had been going to the gym with a partner but we both have very busy lives. I cancelled gym membership and have been working out on bike, treadmill, and walking the dog. In an effort to prepare for labor and holding my little one I have started lifting weights again. Nothing to strenuous but I can tell when I have over exerted myself. I am trying to get at least 30 min of activity each day. I have been meeting this most weeks.

My weight gain so far has been about 20 lbs I would say. I haven't gotten too bad of remarks at the doctor about this except for a few weeks where I had severe pelvic discomfort. I became a bit too sedentary with not excessive eating but too many sweets consumed. I heard about it at my next appointment and worked harder for my future appointments. I have been doing better and hope my next appointment is good as well. I have a friend who is pregnant as well and she is walking 2.5 miles a day. She is an inspiration. I am going to try and step it up to make sure I am keeping my weight in check and make labor easier.

I hope to be back here more often in the future. I am going to need something to keep me occupied while I am off with the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment