Monday, June 27, 2016

Fermenting veggies

Last weekend was great. A quick update on running. I have skipped my long run again last week. We were out of town and running around like chickens. I did run tonight for 3 miles.

After getting done with dinner I decided to ferment the leftover veggies from this last weekend. We had some probiotic bacteria in the fridge and used that for fermentation. The spices I used are garlic, peppercorn, ginger, and curry for fermentation. I have added plenty of salt. For a few of the jars I used celery to fill the jars. The rest of the jars I just used water. The jars are as full as possible and I am hoping to avoid any bad bacteria or mold. The veggies were broccoli and sweet peppers. I am hoping that nothing goes too terribly wrong.
I will take pictures when it is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment