Friday, October 26, 2018

Review of "Girl Wash Your Face" by Rachel Hollis

Brief Summary: "Girl Wash Your Face" is a self-help book laying down the hard work you need to get ahead in your life.

Long Summary: On a suggestion from a friend I listened to "Girl Wash Your Face" and found the book enlightening, uplifting, and a tad depressing. Depressing? Well yes. Rachel explains in the book how anything can be done if you set your mind to it. Well maybe that is how I am interpreting what she was saying. As much as she tries to say she doesn't have it all together and has had struggles, it does seem she has a very blessed life. Although, I suppose if anyone examines their life against someone else you will find things you are unhappy with and want to change. I would have to say overall this book has made me ask some hard questions and try to figure out where I am going with my life. I am trying to figure out how to be happier parenting as a stay-at-home mom.

The book is outlined with chapters being headed by lies and Rachel detailing why they are lies and how she has worked through them. I was thrown for a loop by her story about her boyfriend and then husband as I thought they were two different people. It turns out Rachel is the one who changed. While this book is an easy read and I found the narrative compelling I would advise you to stay away from it if you do not want to deeply think about your own life.

Rating: 4/5

Other Works: Party Girl, Sweet Girl, Smart Girl, Upcoming: Girl Stop Apologizing,

No comments:

Post a Comment