Friday, June 8, 2012

The end of insanity

Well I have really slacked in posting. I have much news to report. I don't really remember the last time I posted so here is a quick recap of how weight loss/new me is going.

I am still have a sensible breakfast. Usually, oatmeal. I have been eating Kashi cinnamon crunch lately. It is really good. I am thinking about making a new recipe with oatmeal, banana, peanut butter, and brown sugar.
Snack mid-morning has been fruit, or almond meal muffin (recent but so good).
Lunch mean green juice.
Mid-afternoon snack is carrots (2).
Dinner is a sensible portion of meat (sometimes), and veggies.
Dessert sometimes is frozen yogurt or banana cocoa ice cream (new fav.).

Workout:
Well I started to do insanity at the beginning of May. I was completely committed to the process. David left in the middle of insanity and I was still committed to the process.  But then....dum dum dum....a new neighbor moved in downstairs. She started pounding on the ceiling. I moved to a different room. She still continued pounding on the ceiling. So I went to the office and decided to be proactive. I was told to cease and desist my exercising. I needed to be respectful of apartment living. I was so pissed off I decided to go look at different apartments. There are two town homes within good distance to us. There is also a rental we are going to check out tom. that may work out. It is relatively cheap, has good reviews, and good location. We are a little leery but we will see tom.

Insanity really kicked my butt. But it also kicked my butt. I lost inches for sure. I went from size 16 to a size 12! I am really excited about my progress.

Instead of working out in the evening. I am now getting up at 5:45 and working out in the morning before work.
I have done 3 out of 5 days this week. I skipped today but I think Friday's may be my skip day in the future.
I also have started running again. The insanity helped with this a lot. I ran yesterday at 5 mph for 3 straight minutes. This is an accomplishment for me. My BMI is down but not in the normal zone yet. I want to get done to the normal zone and then maintain so I know what I can eat and still be healthy. It is a lot less food than I think.
I hope I can run a 5k by the end of the summer.

1 comment: