Monday, September 10, 2018

Review of "Hamilton: The Revolution" by Lin-Manuel Miranda & Jeremy McCarter

Brief Summary: Hamilton is a great way to learn more about the legacy of the production of the greatest musical of a generation.

Long Summary: Overall I enjoyed listening to the details about the production of the musical Hamilton. I was able to better understand the time and effort put into creating a Broadway musical. There were some surprising facts such as the first time a song from the show was debuted was at the White House for the Obama's. Honestly, there isn't much to say other than this was chronological look at the development of the musical and notes Lin-Manuel wrote in the margins. I wasn't particularly grabbed by the story, but I did want to finish to understand more fully the musical. I hope you enjoy as well.

Rating: 3/5

Other works: Gmorning, Gnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment