Monday, March 22, 2010

Movie Review of Twilight New Moon, Twilight in Forks, & REMEMBER ME

I watched New Moon this weekend after it was released. I still like the movie a lot. The makeup could have been a bit better in this movie. Some of the lead actors performances were still a little shaky. I believe Taylor Lautner is the best actor of the love triangle. The preview of Eclipse was very cool. I am excited because there will be more action in the next movie and David Slade will bring a darker edge to the movie.
Twilight in Forks came with the combo pack I purchased. I did not think very highly of the documentary. There was a biblical scholar or scientist or priest trying to talk about all the different meanings in Twilight. I agreed with a few of his points but not all of them. Some of the opinions of the townspeople are a little much though. I would have liked to see more of the ton and less of people talking. I might watch the end some day but not right now.


WARNING: I plan on giving away a lot of details in this review. Please do not read if you do not want me to spoil it for you! Well I have not cried like that in a long time. Where to start. Well the movie begins with Rob or Tyler getting arrested for mouthing off to a cop. One of the lawyers from his dad's firm comes to bail him out of jail. The cop that arrested him has a daughter and Rob's roommate sees her at school. Ally (the girl) turns out being in Rob's class and they hit it off. They end up hooking up. The story continues and we find out more about Rob how his brother Michael committed suicide when he was 22. The family is split up. Rob has a little sister who is gifted at painting. It ends up the sister gets made fun of at school and other girls cut her hair. The love story between Ally and Rob continues and they go through trials and tribulations of normal relationship. They broke up for a bit but get back together when the whole hair cutting incident occurs. The workaholic father steps up again when Rob/Tyler throws a fire extinguisher through the window at his sisters school. His father bails him out of jail and asks him to show up the next day at his office to talk to the lawyers. This feels like a turning point in the relationship when father and son start to reconnect. The next day the father (lawyer) goes to pick up the daughter and bring her to school. The father calls Rob to tell him, that he would be late to school. Rob says this will be fine and sits at the desk and looks at family pictures. The secretary asks how long ago Michael killed himself and Rob says it was 6 years ago on May 1995. The picture pans out to Rob standing in the window, he is up really high in a building. The picture goes to the sister in school and the teacher writes 9/11/2001 on the board. The picture goes to Rob in the building and pans out to see both the twin towers. The sounds is of the voices of the workers in the twin towers and then the screen goes black.  I had lost it by this point. I was crying hysterically. I can not handle anything relating to Sept. 11. The last thing I saw was people in NY leaving their offices and schools and houses. The last thing Sara saw was a notebook Rob wrote letters to his brother Michael to in on the ground in the rubble next to a ladies shoe. I had leave the theater I was so upset.  I wish I would have known what was going to happen at the end bcause then I would not have gone to see the movie.
key Point I missed because I was so entranced in the love story:
Beginning you see NY with twin towers
American Pie was playing in movie theater when Rob saw movie
When Rob went up to the Father's office on 90 floor or something.
I wish I would have known. The love story was going along really well and bam it ended awfully. Next time I will read the reviews before I go see a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment