Friday, January 7, 2011

Natural Family Planning

Today was a great day! David and I relaxed at home for a while. I got to exercise. We had some maintenance issues taken care of and headed out to run some errands. Then we got home and I did some chores and David got dinner around. He made BBQ chicken pizza with pineapple, onions, and banana peppers. It was delicious! I am very grateful my future husband is such a good cook. BUT this means I get to do dishes most of the time (YUCK!!!) After the below events of the evening (sensitive info) I made doggy treats for Coda.
Coda in bedrom
 David made granola bars for his breakfast every morning. I can't wait to try them! I will post pics of the bars tom! All in all it was a pretty good day! I received the Night Star (Immortals) today in the mail and can't wait to read it tonight. 

NOTE: Subject matter below deals with religious and sexual issues.

  NFP or Natural Family Planning is the Catholic Practice (Couple to Couple League) of tracking a woman's menstrual cycle in order to determine fertile and infertile times for the purpose of family planning (based on Theology of the body). David and I are currently reading & learning the home study course while I am at home. I will continue tracking my cycle while at work. Thus far it is going well. Nothing too graphic or embarrassing has come up for us. Don't get me wrong though, if you haven't discussed bodily issues such as this in your relationship it may be uncomfortable to say the least.

Why NFP you ask? Well David and I have decided not to have children right away. I do not believe in taking the pill as it is an abortive. I do not like the idea of having sex and creating a child and not providing the right environment for the child, as a woman, and the child dying because of my choices (the pill does not allow attachment of the embryo). Also condoms are not an option because they also prevent the will of God. If God so chooses to bless David and I with a child we have decided we will accept his gift. Right now we are not financially stable and do not feel we have the resources to provide for a child. Therefore we will practice NFP to aid in preventing pregnancy. If we happen to conceive we will accept the child as a blessing from God and raise him or her the best we can with what we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment