Wednesday, July 18, 2018

The Review of "The Three-Body Problem" by Cixin Liu

Brief Summary: The Three-body problem is a foreign science fiction book with many twists and turns and a not so satisfying ending.

Long Review: My first foreign book has been an interesting read. First, I do plan on finishing the series even with the dark notes. I am intrigued how the problems will be dealt with and do not like being left hanging as I was at the end of the first book. This book starts with a look into the past and lays the ground work for the end of the book. While I didn't appreciate this in the beginning and thought it made it hard to get into the book, in the end I understood why the details were recounted. There is a large amount of scientific talk in this book. I have not been in physics for many years and find these things interesting but also that they go very in depth. Listening on 1.25x probably did not make it as easy to understand either.

Overall I would recommend this book if you are interesting in sci-fiction from a non-native author and can handle physics jargon and doomsday problems.

Rating: 3/5

Other works by the Author: The Dark ForestDeath's EndBall LightningThe Wandering EarthTaking Care of Gods

No comments:

Post a Comment