Sunday, July 12, 2015

Zoo, rock garden, & sick puppy

This last week has been a dozy. Coda, our 6 lbs Yorkie, was sick. He started showing symptoms on Wednesday with puking and diarrhea. He continued to act up so we took him to the vet on Friday for exam and fluids. It turns out the vet thinks he had HGE. The test results came back as high on HCT but not needing hospitalization. We do not want to go there again. 
Tuesday night feeling sick
Sat. morning starting to feel better
 Coda is on anti-biotics and has nausea and diarrhea medication. He is loving life as he is getting chik-fil-a with pills.

On Saturday morning we went to the zoo. We arrived a little later than I would have liked but it was still fun. The temperature really starting heating up fast. There were a lot of families with very small children and lots of crying etc. Oh the joys of being a parent. Here are some highlights of the day.
Peacock being shy

New baby elephant

Parakeet time

After we got home I took a brief nap. Being out in the sun really tired me out. I got to work on the front entry way. I envisioned a rock garden with a bench outside the front door. Here is what the front entry way looks like. 


Front planter before
Front planter currently

Today I am going to work on putting down more landscaping paper in the front and working on the kitchen cabinet doors.

On another note David prepared the wine and I got to taste. The flavor has mellowed a bit and I would describe it as tart. The wine is crystal clear and a beautiful color.
Yummy!




No comments:

Post a Comment