Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Oh my poor toe!

PSA: I will be discussing toe issues. If you have a problem turn back now.
Painted up to hide the horror
Alright, I am having some serious toenail issues. My right toenail is about to come off completely. The second toe on my right foot has already bit the dust. I cut it down as far as possible, filed, and painted a fake nail on my nail bed. It looks fine.


ahhhh!!!
This is my big toe on my right foot. It is almost all the way off. The nail is just barely attached on either side and at the very base on my nail. Luckily it doesn't hurt at all. I am cautiously optimistic that this will all turn out fine. I am not sure though. I have consulted several different sources to get an opinion on what to do with this nail. I have a long run coming up on Sunday and I am definitely concerned. The nail felt fine for my 6 miles last night. I could definitely tell it was loose though. I don't want it to either fall off while running and have to stop and remove or get caught and rip leaving my with a bloody mess.


I am also slightly concerned with the nail on my left foot. I suspect it may also revolt after my run on Sunday. Right now it is covered up so I can't see the damage. If I can't see it, it doesn't exist right?


So should I leave the nail alone, cut and file, or suck it up and pull it off?

No comments:

Post a Comment