Friday, June 3, 2016

Review of season one of Grace and Frankie

Grace and Frankie is a Netflix original series which I found by happenstance and love. The story is based around two couples and their respective families. This show reminds me of a 90s sitcom which is why I love it. The story is not a remake but fresh and pertinent to the times. All in all a great story and great chemistry makes this a very easy show to watch.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!! STOP READING IF YOU WANT MYSTERY IN YOUR LIFE!!

The story is based around a homosexual couple. No it is not Grace and Frankie. Alright back to the beginning. Sol and Robert are in a work partners at a law firm. Grace is married to Robert and Sol is married to Frankie. Grace is played by Jane Fonda and is in my opinion an alcoholic stuck up country club bitch who is hard to please and lacking in love. Frankie is played by Lily Tomlin (heart) and is a hippy, dippy, artist, with too much unconditional love. Grace and Frankie find out there husbands in addition to being work partners are lovers as well and have been hiding their love affair for 20+ years. The first season revolves around the fallout from this revelation and the ensuing madness and soul searching for Grace and Frankie.

The episodes are 30 min each, so easy to fit into any schedule and easy to binge. The theme song is pretty catchy as well. I appreciate the jokes and ability to cover touchy subjects. The show is great for my sanity some days. I also appreciate the story involves older actors and actresses. I would love to see more shows similar to this with older people. I have fallen for this show and hope you will give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment