Sunday, July 31, 2016

Fall training here I come

Today's run was supposed to be 9 miles. I managed to get my butt outta bed around 6:30ish and out the door. I started my run around 7 am, which is entirely too late. The sun was up and it was starting to get hot. The weather called for the day to be a scorcher. I made it about 3 miles in and had some stomach pains. I decided to call it quits and turned around to head back to my car. The rest of the run wasn't too eventful. I have recently been listening to podcasts on my long runs and it has been oddly helpful. Here is a recap of my stats from Mapmyrun.

Today was my last run before marathon training starts. My first run is tom as I have an event on Wednesday night I want to avoid. I have all my runs mapped out on the calendar until the marathon so I don't have to refer back to the paper copy in case I lose it. I am still going to shoot for a 10:30 min/mile pace for the marathon. This means I am going to have to step up my interval and tempo runs. Luckily I was already working myself up to 6.3 mph before I left on vacation. I should be ready for my first interval tom. but will let you know how it goes.

Have a good week and happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment