Monday, July 18, 2016

Summer morning run

Sunday morning I braved the early morning for my long run. I really detest getting up early as I have mentioned before. I arose from my bed with my alarm and put on the running gear I had set out. A piece of pumpkin bread was my pre-run fuel and I grabbed water for after my run. I went to the nearest flat place I knew and headed out for 7 miles. I started around 6:15ish. The sky was just starting to get light as sunrise was in 15 minutes or so. I was able to get in 3.5 miles without too much difficulty. I have to admit I was running for the next water fountain. The fountain never appeared and I went without water the entire run. Now 7 miles without water isn't terrible, but it also is not pleasant. The heat wasn't bad a around 77 degrees but the humidity was around 70%. I was a hot sweaty mess. I was decently happy with my pace of 12 min/mile with the weather being so hot. I am looking forward to when the weather will be cooler in the morning and evenings. I hope this happens soon. 
Next week I will be running 8 miles in Ohio and hope the morning will be pleasant. Until then here is a picture of the sun rising over the lake over half way through my run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment