Monday, July 25, 2016

LSR 8 in Humid Ohio

Good Monday morning!

I am on vacation in Ohio this week. We arrived on Saturday night after a long drive. I packed planning to run on Sunday morning. I woke at 5 am with my alarm and thought it was too dark out to go for a run. I went back to sleep for a few hours. After being lazy I got my butt up and headed out for 8 miles. The humidity was close to 90% and temperature was climbing fast. I started out running at my long slow pace but eventually the heat and humidity started to get to me. I did have the foresight to bring water along. I made it about 3 miles and had some relief as some clouds rolled in. I was slightly concerned I was going to get rained on but I  only had sprinkles. The sprinkles on the corn made it sound as if it was raining harder than it was. I ended up with an overall pace of about 12 min/mile for 8 miles. I was pretty happy with my run and pace considering the conditions. I will be starting my marathon training at the beginning of next week. For now I am going to enjoy vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment