Thursday, February 4, 2010

Training

My training for Geosearch Logging is now complete. I am happy to report I passed with flying colors. I am now qualified to be a well log analyst. I will be in the field soon under a mentor observing how to do my job in the field and learning how to properly carry out my job in the field. I hope to break out quickly as I would like to prove myself to the company. I am going to do my best. I have a lot of studying and reading to do to understand the background geology of the PA, OH, and WV region. I really hope I don't have to drill on air but I am sure I will have to at some point. I am looking forward to doing my log and doing a very good job. I want to impress both the client and my company. My trainer described how it is possible for a client who likes my work to put me on retainer so I will be available for the next job they would like me to work on. I would love for this to happen to me. I am going to do my best to keep everyone happy and impress everyone. I have learned so much in the last 4 days.  I will make sure I review it all to keep it fresh. I also need to go over the materials presented to me. 
I am in a waiting game now. My manager is away for a company meeting. I am hoping to hear from him by Mon. I am excited to get started on my first well logging job! I will continue to update about interesting places to eat, things to do, and hotels I stay in for my job.
I have bought many things for my job recently. I have a new set of tools. I have stuff in my car I never thought would be there like my box of 100 calorie food, my supplies if i get stranded and other things. I still have more things I need to get too. I need lighters, tow ropes, WD-40 electrical tape, and other assorted stuff. I am going to try and get a lot of stuff on my list done tom.
Hopefully I hear soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment