Friday, February 12, 2016

5 mile Tempo run

Confession time. I skipped my run on Thursday night. Work has been stressing me out lately and I just didn't want to be there any longer to run. I came home and biked for 30 minutes instead. I got up early this morning and made my DH breakfast. I finished the dishes and headed out for my first run with my new Garmin Forerunner 15. The new plan called for a 5 mile tempo run at 12:15 min/mile. My run went surprisingly well. I did learn that I tend to run too fast and I vary my speed a lot when I run. My average speed ending up being 11:45ish and I was supposed to be running at 12:15. I have a feeling this may be why my long runs are so hard. My next run should be on Sunday in order to keep my runs spaced out properly. Next week I will be back to Tues., Thurs., and Sat. runs.
The weather is starting to be nice and I really love being outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment